Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.?
Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers. The innovative products we make, drive the world’s largest ships, connect remote renewable power sources with consumers, and automate complex industrial processes.
As a Production Development Specialist, ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
You will drive improvements throughout production in Secondary GIS Product Group/ Distribution Solutions Business Line/ Electrification Business in Beijing/China country/NAS region. You will be responsible for production assembly process control, assembly method optimization and continuous improvement activities to minimize labor hours in accordance with business strategies related to quality, efficiency, costs and safety.
- Responsible for continuous improvement projects for safety, quality and productivity improvement.
- Responsible for production interruption problems to solve.
- Responsible for production work instruction update.
- Responsible for production sample parts assembly follow.
- Responsible for production non-standard tool, jigs design and development.
- Participate new product development project to contribute a design for manufacturing, smooth process flow and line balance.
- Support production internal/ external process/ equipment start-up, audit.
- Support workshop visualization and 5S standardize.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above, major in Electrical or Mechanical Design.
- 3+ years of work experience in related function.
- Expertise in design and development of non-standard tool, jig, equipment.
- Good knowledge of lean production and continuous improvement principles.
- Clear logic, strong willingness to learn and implement, can work under multi-task.
- Technical background skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skill, analytic and problem-solving skills will be considered as a plus.
- Fluent in oral and written English.
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you continue to collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.